Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Something New

I needed to make a birthday card for my friend, which is always problematic because she is very creative and makes beautiful cards! No pressure, then. 

We both sell cards at work, and last week she joked that I'd give her one of her own cards for her birthday, or maybe give her one of my old cards that has been at the back of the display for ages because nobody wants to buy it...

Anyway, we were due to go on a wet felting course the day after her birthday, and had been talking about trying out felting for a while, so I thought I'd have a go at a small piece of felting for a card. I tried to follow an online tutorial, but I had to try to roll up the felt in bits of cardboard because I didn't have anything to use as a rolling mat. It sort of worked, but probably only because it was such a small piece of felt!

I added beads and some metallic embroidery thread on the flowers, and used green eyelash yarn for the stems. Here's what I came up with:



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

5 comments:

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, just brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Donna said...

Such a pretty card and a really fab scene you have created with the fibres, love how you've pulled it all together. Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

Unknown said...

It's even better up close! The picture doesn't do it justice. I love it so much it's going in a frame and being hung on my wall. Thank you, Jenny! It's beautiful!

Magic Flying Boots said...

Yay, so pleased you like it! :D

Lucy Patrick said...

Lol, I bet your friend loved it as it's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Paper Shelter this week, good luck in the draw, XOX Lucy