Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Brushos... and a whole lot of mess!

Hi! Here's my first card made using Brushos! I have lots of discarded bits of card and lots of mess from failed attempts, but I really like how this one turned out! Next time I'm going to clear emboss the image, as this time I stamped in dark grey and planned to have a subtle background but the paints just took over and went really rich and vibrant. I had too go over the stamp with my white Uni Posca pen, as you could hardly see the image! But anyway, here's my first Brushos card:




I've included a couple of close-ups to try to show the rich, vibrant colours - I should have waited until tomorrow to take photos in daylight! Anyway, if you haven't tried Brushos, they are extremely messy, but they are beautiful! I think I just need a fair bit of practice...

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:





Addicted to Stamps: Photo Inspiration (brightly coloured blooms!)













9 comments:

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Oh my goodness I just love this beautiful card, I think I will have to give this technique a try. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
Dragonfly Dreams
Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the technique and the colours you used! I also like the popping white outlines images! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Donna said...

Such a pretty card, love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us (again) at Shopping Our Stash for our "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" challenge!
Keep Calm & Bling On!!

Michelle said...

I love the vibrant colors! So pretty against the white embossing. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! So glad you are having fun and creating with your Brushos! I love them!!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully crafted! Using the pen actually elevated your design! Thanks so much for playing along with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

SewPaperPaint said...

These powders are fun, vibrant, and addictive! Great card! Always fun to see what different people come up with using the same product. :)

Laurian said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

Leslie Hanna said...

Such a pretty background! Love the white flowers - I'm amazed you took the time to go over the lines with a white pen, but it was worth it!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the Bling challenge!