Pages

Saturday 18 July 2015

I Love the Seaside!

Hi! It's the summer holiday season, and in a few weeks I'll be heading off for some relaxing sun and sea with my closest friend & her family! I really can't wait to get away :)

I have spotted a few holiday-related challenges around, and have just made a card that reflects my love of a quiet, empty beach, where you can walk for miles, or take a book, or go for a swim and not feel too shy about your swimming cozzy...


I made this using my Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, as you can just scribble a few different shades together and they blend really easily with a water brush. I added a bit of white for waves on the beach with a Uni Posca pen, and stamped some flying geese with an Inkylicious stamp.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:







15 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! and more WOW!!! that's one fantastic beach scene and you've definitely worked some magic with your watercolour pencils. Simply awesome!
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Unknown said...

It's fab! You've really captured the mood I know you love! Can't wait for the holiday!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Super sketching and water-coloring! I love the beach too. :) Thanks for playing along at ATSM:Holiday. Melissa-DT

Cazro said...

Wow! This is stunning, you have captured, that which, we who love to be at the coast dream of.
I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

bastelengel said...

What a beatiful artwork. Great work,
Eva

Unknown said...

Forgot to say...I love the seaside too!
Lol!

Neets B said...

Such an awesome job with your watercolour pencils, and I love the geese and the font of your sentiment too.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM this week, Anita x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So calming and serene. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wow, this is realy gorgeous. Hugs, Ankie

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful beach scene! I wish I could be there......Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Anne said...

What a gorgeous and serene scene you created!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Lin said...

I'm another who loves the seaside and this CAS card is a visual delight!

Thank you so much for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Chrissie said...

This is a fab beach scene!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

J said...

What a lovely card - sometimes less is more and this definitely is! You've made me want to play with my watercolour pencis now, so thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More

Jackie

NickScrapShack said...

Beautiful card and a lovely scene. I wish I could spend the day at the sea side today.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Good luck!
Nick