Pages

Saturday 1 August 2015

Wildflowers

Hi! Cupcake Inspirations have a challenge which ends in a few hours, so I've been hurrying to make something suitable! Here's what I came up with:



I inked through my wildflower stencil onto watercolour paper, and then embossed in gold. I scribbled in navy and deep blues with watercolour pencils and then blended with a water brush. Once it was dry, I flipped the stencil over and added a few more silhouettes using a white Uni Posca pen.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations (yes, I know it's blue rather than navy, but it was navy before I blended, honest!)


Inkspirational Challenges:


Papertake: "Take Your Pick" - Colour theme: Blue & green – either or, or even both together

Crafts Galore: "Anything Goes in August"

ABC Challenge: "'O' is for Open (Anything Goes)"


7 comments:

Indy's Designs said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the gold embossed flowers! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join us again!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Naki said...

Wow, SO pretty! Gold wildflowers are just gorgeous! and how perfect is the background!? Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Pink Unicorn said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love the gold embossed flowers against the blue sky. Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Cardsbymaaike said...

super i have no other words

Marina said...

The gold is beautiful against the blue.Lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Shauna said...

Wow... what a creative use of color! The white and gold embossed flowers looks fantastic against that blue background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Nikki said...

Lovely card with a great background. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki