Pages

Saturday 9 September 2017

Block Watercolour Stamping

Hi! The challenge over at Just Us Girls is all about block watercolour stamping. There's a video here about how to do it. I had to have a go, and I tried it with my distress oxides, because I am obsessed with them. I wanted to make a rainbow background, inspired by the CASE challenge at Time Out, so I inked up the block in lines of colour, spritzed it with water, and plonked it down onto a spare piece of hammered card. The video said to use watercolour paper, so I wasn't sure how mine would turn out, but the colours are really rich! I let it dry completely, then stamped the border, the flower and the sentiment. I coloured the flower and the stems in the border with inks, used a Wink of Stella brush on the flowers and leaves. I added a button to the centre of the flower - it's a painted abalone shell button which I have a stash of but had never found a use for, but it matched the colours perfectly! I added a small black ribbon and bow to the underneath of the border to finish it off.




I'm entering this in the following challenges:

Just Us Girls
Time Out: 'CASE Beverley Brown'
Simply Create Too: 'Use Ribbon & Buttons'
Rubber Dance Forever Stamping challenge



Ingredients:
Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Wilted Violet
Rubber Dance Stamp Set: 'Textured Flowers'
Lavinia stamp: 'Hill Border Floral'
'Birthday Wishes' sentiment from Woodware 'Daisy Panel'
Wink of Stella pen
Abalone button


8 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Awesome plunking! You background came out so well. That little border piece goes fabulously and that painted button is just perfect. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card! I love how you tied in the floral row. So stunning!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, this is so pretty! Love the colors! Thanks for playing at JUGS this week!

Bobby said...

I wasn't happy with the way my DOX worked for this technique but yours turned out great. I love that stamped border. I thought it was patterned paper when I first looked at it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Debbie said...

wow very clever

Rubber Dance said...

This is stunning. Very cool layout!!! Thank you for joinig our Forever Challenge over at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

samantha's cards said...

This is stunning, thanks for joining us at Simply create too.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Gorgeous card! Love the Oxides and the button in the middle of the flower is such a nice detail! Sorry for being so late leaving a comment ... Thank you for entering our Forever Challenge at Rubber Dance once more! ♥ Bibi